Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lessons From Grandfather

“How do I know God is listening? How do I know he cares? How do I know he sees my good deeds? How do I know he loves me? Why should I follow him when it seems no one else does?”

Can you hear yourself asking these questions? Can you hear someone you know? Most of us can say yes.

In today’s political climate and popular culture, it seems as though not only is God no longer priority number one, but he isn’t a priority at all. There is so much PRESSURE to live the “cool” way instead of live the RIGHT way. How can we be helped? We can take a lesson from our grandfather.

“The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on earth. It broke his heart. And the Lord said, ‘I will wipe the human race I have crafted from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy everything- all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of they sky. I am sorry I ever made them.’ But Noah found favor with the Lord.” [Gen. 6:5-8 (NLT)]

What if Noah gave in to peer pressure? We probably wouldn’t be here right now, would we? And yet Noah was the ONLY righteous man on THE WHOLE PLANET. Tell me that isn’t peer pressure! And yet he could walk with God BEFORE there was a mosaic law, BEFORE there was a cross and resurrection. He was THE ONLY ONE, and yet he was rewarded.

“Look! I am about to cover the earth with a flood that will destroy every living thing that breaths. Everything on earth will die. But I will confirm my covenant with you…” [Gen. 6:17-18 (NLT)]

Christians, God HAS ALWAYS loved his people. Even when it was only ONE person. God still loves us today. God WILL NOT close up heaven from lack of interest. Just GRAB ON to him and he won’t let you go.

May the Lord’s guidance be with you all,

2 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

One Crabapple said...

you are rude.

actions like yours from people claiming to be good christians are the reason I DO NOT go to church anymore.