Thursday, September 4, 2008

Now Think About This.

“Then Abimelch called for Abraham. ‘What have you done to us?’ he demanded. ‘What crime have I committed that deserves treatment like this, making me and my kingdom guilty of this great sin? No one should ever do what you have done! Whatever possessed you to do such a thing?”

Abraham replied, ‘ I thought,’ This is a godless place. They will want my wife and kill me to get her.” [Gen. 20: 9-11 (NLT)]

In my last writing, I told you the dangers of not being assertive. Today, I want to share with you the dangers of assumption.

How many times have you heard in a conversation, “He/she won’t EVER change”? Have you ever been to a church, school or workplace where someone has actually come up to you and told you every disgusting rumor about a specific person, and then told you not to go near that person because there was “something wrong” with him/her. Is there some one you know who you believe and/or has it often said about them that they will NEVER follow God! Take a minute and think of one right now. Keep that person in mind.

Abimelech turned out to not be such a godless man after all. Neither did Paul the Apostle, Mary Magdalene, or any of the HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of stories of the supposedly “godless” people giving their lives to Christ. I’m talking drug-dealers, killers, and gang leaders, the worst of the worst! Now think about your person.

Assuming that we know who will and will not ever reach out to God is one of the most IGNORANT things a Christian can do. Can you summarize a book that you’ve never seen nor read? Every high school student that ever flunked on a book report will confirm that you cannot. So how ignorant of us is it, Christians, when we have never seen or read the Book of Life (that has the names of every person that will get into heaven) to say, “I don’t know where this Book of Life is, but I certainly know who’s NOT going to be in it!” You do whenever you say someone will never change. ASSUMPTION IS CONDEMNATION. Now think about your person.

The pastor of my church once told me “The sick go the hospital to get better. The uneducated go to school to become educated. And they poor in spirit should come to church to be made new.” The hospital is not for the healthy to keep away from the sick. The school is not for the scholars to keep away from the uneducated. The church SHOULD NEVER be just for the “good Christians” to keep away from the lost. Now think about your person.

“God sent his son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” [John. 3:17 (NLT)]

If the purest, most righteous man to ever walk the earth could not judge, or condemn, us, then who are we to say we can? Who are we to even SUGGEST that a person may or may not find God? I AM ASHAMED AND I AM TIRED of all these Christians and churches that exclude those who live outside of God’s way. Do you know the heart and mind of God? Now don’t just think about your person, PRAY FOR THEM.

May the Lord’s guidance be with you all,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sad that a lot of people think of Christians being hypocrites and it's true to some extent that they forgot they were lost before and spiritually dead...I remember when I was a new believer, our group prayed and one lady goes, "Thank You Lord for bringing decent people to our church." I felt a lump in my throat right away. I just felt something wasn't right in that prayer...Let's pray for our Christian brothers and sisters, including ourselves, to be more Christlike. People don't want to believe because we represent the Lord and if we are ugly with our ways, who'll believe in Jesus in the first place? Christians should start bearing the "fruits of the Holy Spirit"...Keep posting! God bless.